Series: Princess of the Blood (Book One) Author: Jane Ederlyn
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Date of Publication: 10/19/16
Number of pages: 322
Cover Artist: Anna-Lena Spies
Wary, high-heeled vampire finds sanctuary in the arms of a hot werewolf whose love ignites her worst nightmare.
Marie Josette d’Orgemont, cousin to Louis XVI, watched in horror, as a rogue creature took her husband’s life before turning on her. A powerful vampire swept in and spared her life, but she never suspected that surviving meant immortality or the price she’d have to pay to protect her surviving son.
Centuries later in Miami, with her family on the verge of extinction, Marie is preoccupied with the continuation of her human bloodline. When she meets sexy and persistent, Odin Ulfsson, his icy-blue gaze and burning touch are hard to resist.
Will a forbidden romance with the Nordic werewolf be the key to her happiness or will it set in motion a wrath that endangers not only her last human heir but her entire existence?
A hot breath burned the top of her shoulder. She froze, realizing too late she had misread the werewolf signaling behind her. How could she have been so careless? She pushed all thoughts of Abby away and mentally prepared to fight.
He towered over her, at least seven feet tall. She was a petite five feet two inches with maybe another four in heels. Despite the differential between them, what disturbed her was his stealth and agility. He had crept up behind her without her sensing him.
As he breathed, he edged closer and closer until their bodies touched and the heat emitting from his body seared through her like brushfire.
A wave of desire, fanned by the heat of his skin, coursed through her with such momentum she swayed toward him. She was dimly aware of the sheer insanity of her predicament. One minute she was fighting a lesser of his kind and the next she swelled with desire for this werewolf. What was happening to her?
He leaned into her and nudged her neck.
She couldn’t move, could only stand there and suffer the exquisite heat of their bodies molded together.
He growled, and she closed her eyes, absorbing his scent. Unlike what she had just fought, he smelled like the earth scorched by sunlight. He was exciting, and images of a blazing hearth and tangled limbs came to mind. She wanted him and the realization was as surprising as it was embarrassing.
She tilted her face up and was immediately lost in the gold depths of his eyes, more human than beast. Different. Time and place disappeared into nothingness.
He reached for her finally and the movement snapped their connection.
“State your business,” she hissed. Her hands closed into fists.
“Enough, dog.” She struck him, jolting him backward. He was quicker and bigger than the others but still no match for her.
Or was he? She dismissed the errant thought. He was just an animal and she was a Princess of the Blood with the essence of an ancient master running through her.
Catching him by the mane, she flipped him forward. The huge blond and silver-haired thing landed hard in front of her, but immediately recovered, jumping up into an offensive position. He growled, but didn’t attack. He backed away as upright as a human, with hind claws that clanked on the gravel.
His neck stretched and the aura around him thickened and sizzled. After a couple of pops, he shifted from wolf mixture into full naked human.
Jane Ederlyn is the alter ego of a writing duo from South Florida.
Jane, a registered nurse by day, by night lives to create havoc and conflict in their stories, relentlessly strategizing ways to kill off one more character.
Ederlyn, a cruise-line professional by day, by night loves to plot meticulous happily-ever-afters for the hero and heroine, often battling Jane to save her favorites.
They can usually be found at their favorite Barnes and Noble sipping lattes and pondering “what ifs?” or at the mall shoe shopping.
Hello! Our name is Jane Ederlyn and we’re a paranormal writing duo. Our book, Reborn, was just released last month. Not only is it the first book in our series, Princess of the Blood, but it’s also our debut.Our heroine, Marie, is a vampire of royal descent and quite the fashionista, but today we’re talking about some of our favorite male vampires in television and movies. Take a look at our list and see if your favorites made it:
1) Luke Evans, Dracula—Dracula Untold. After seeing the movie, he escalated to the top of our vampire list.
2) Gary Oldman, Dracula—Bram Stoker’s Dracula. A classic. And the way this Dracula looks at his Mina…sigh. Johnathan who?
3) Alexander Skarsgård, Eric Northman—True Blood. He was yummy as our favorite Viking Sheriff. We love book version even more.
Stephen Moyer, Vampire Bill—True Blood. Unlike Eric, television version was better. But our heart still belongs to Northman. Sorry Bill.
4) Brad Pitt, Louis—Interview with a Vampire. We won’t admit how many times we collectively saw this movie. Ahh, Louis!
Tom Cruise, Lestat—Interview with a Vampire. We were wary about his casting as Lestat, but by the end of the movie we loved him too.
Antonio Banderas, Armand—Interview with a Vampire. He was a little hard to understand, but gorgeous so who cares.
5) Robert Pattinson, Edward Cullen—Twilight. Hello. All that angst…those smoldering looks. We were team Edward, but we’ll admit during shirtless Jacob moments… constraint was necessary not to bail on our vampires.
Peter Facinelli, Carlisle Cullen—Twilight. Kellan Lutz, Emmett Cullen—Twilight. Jackson Rathbone, Jasper Hale—Twilight.
6) Ian Somerhalder, Damon Salvatore—The Vampire Diaries. When he’s bad, he’s better. And those amazing eyes!
Paul Wesley, Stefan Salvatore—The Vampire Diaries.
Joseph Morgan, Klaus—The Vampire Diaries/The Originals.
7) Wesley Snipes, Blade—Blade. He was only half vampire, but he had to make the list for his amazing pecs. Best shirtless half-vampire ever.
8) Karl Urban, Black Hat—Priest. A train ride with Urban and Paul Bettany, where can we buy a ticket?
9) Adrian Paul, Aaron Gray—The Breed.
10) Kiefer Sutherland, David—The Lost Boys. All the Lost Boys really in their 80’s splendor.Close your eyes…eeny, meeny, miny, moe. You can’t go wrong, but make sure you have hairspray available if you want a midnight rendezvous with one of these cuties.
11) Colin Farrell, Jerry Dandridge—Fright Night 2011. So deliciously evil! Apples anyone?
12) Gerard Butler, Dracula—Dracula 2000.
13) David Boreanaz, Angel—Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
James Marsters, Spike—Buffy the Vampire Slayer.*
Bonus mentions to Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, Frank Langella, and Johnny Depp. Langella’s 1979 Dracula with that red lighting love scene was sexy. Ooh la la.
And you can’t have a list without Depp.These are the vampires that came to mind when we thought sexy. Can you add to the list? And most importantly…which one is your favorite?
To Be Added....